Skip to content
- 1971-2: Tutor in Education, University of Sydney.
- 1972-4: University Fellow, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA.
- 1975-8: Senior Research Associate, Centre for Applied Research in Education, University of East Anglia, UK.
- 1978: Independent consultant to the national Curriculum Development Centre, Canberra.
- 1978-94: Senior Lecturer, then Associate Professor, then Professor of Education, Deakin University, Geelong (also Deputy Vice Chancellor – Research, ’91; Chair, Academic Board, ’93-4; Director, Deakin Institute for Studies in Education, ’81-’93; Co-Director, Deakin Centre for Education and Change, ’94).
- 1994-5: Principal, Stephen Kemmis Research & Consulting.
- 1996-7: Pro Vice Chancellor (Research) then Deputy Vice Chancellor (Operations), University of Ballarat.
- 1997 – : Director, Stephen Kemmis Research & Consulting, Pty Ltd (ABN 26 081 107 164).
- 2002 – : Professor of Education, Charles Sturt University, Wagga Wagga campus